Download the Code of Conduct
PHTA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and PHTA staff. All participants including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, sponsors, exhibitors, PHTA staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this In-Person and Virtual Programs Code of Conduct.
This policy applies to all PHTA meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than PHTA but held in conjunction with PHTA events, on public or private platforms. PHTA has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment including, but not limited to, sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, PHTA asks that you inform either PHTA’s President and CEO Sabeena Hickman at SHickman@phta.org or 703-838-0083 ext. 160, or our Vice President of Education & Events Jeanne Mendelson at JMendelson@phta.org or 703-838-0083 ext. 179, so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, sponsor, exhibitor, PHTA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, PHTA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by PHTA throughout the event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any PHTA event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. PHTA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screenshots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in a virtual space.
- PHTA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and PHTA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
- PHTA/GENESIS presentations are provided to only paid participants or approved individuals. Files should not be distributed or duplicated.